Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Huckleberry Ice Cream



Summer is still holding on strong here in the NW.
So I'm savoring the moment by making lots of Ice Cream. 
 Remember when I blogged about this Cherry Chunk Ice Cream 
because I had way to many cherries to know what to do with?
Well, now I have way to many huckleberries.
Even though you can really never have TOO MANY huckleberries.
 So what did I do? I made Ice Cream. 
Huckleberry Ice Cream.


Huckleberry Ice Cream

1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/8 cup sugar
3 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup huckleberry pancake syrup (my secret ingredient!)
1/4 cup huckleberries

1. With a hand held puree wand (or blender) blend milk, sugar, cream, and syrup until a smooth mixture forms. Add the whole huckleberries and blend a few more seconds.

2. Pour into an electric ice cream maker and make according to the ice cream makers directions.

3. Transfer into a plastic bowl and cover. Freeze an additional 30 minutes.

4. It's that easy. Enjoy!

No comments: