Friday, March 22, 2013

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes


Don't you just love it when you actually find a good recipe on Pinterest.
I like to call those recipes "keepers".
And if you spend any amount of time on Pinterest,
you know that good recipes can be somewhat hard to fine...
We do all have different tastes, right?

I found this recipe the other day
and happened to have a half carton of Ricotta Cheese in my fridge
just waiting to be used soon, or else it was going to spoil.
So I though I might as well try out the recipe...
and I'm so glad that I did!
This recipe is so good
that I've made them twice this week already.

As promised (if you follow my instagram),
Here is the recipe for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes!


Lemon Ricotta Pancakes  
Adapted from: Sugar and Charm  

1 1/2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar 
1 cup milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice 
1 tablespoon lemon zest 

1. Combine the flour, baking powder, white sugar and salt in a bowl.
 
2. In a large bowl, combine the milk, egg, melted butter, vanilla, lemon juice and zest and whisk to mix. Add in the ricotta cheese and continue to mix.
 
3. Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just incorporated. Do not over mix or you will get tough pancakes!
 
4. Over medium heat, melt some coconut oil (or butter). Add in 1/4 cup of the batter (spreading out a bit to make sure the pancake is even and the center gets done along with the edges) and let it become a nice golden brown before flipping. These will take slightly longer to cook than a normal pancake, but make sure to watch them so they don't burn.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

these look amazing, Im not a huge fan of pancakes but I think I just might have to try these out!